2.01.2011

God gives voices

Today, when I picked up Jaden from 'school' (therapy), she was in a different room with a friend that she normally doesn't interact with. The children are paired according to ability and age, and Henry can't speak and is a bit younger than Jaden, I think. When we were driving home, I asked Jaden if she had fun playing with Henry today. She said, "Well, he can't talk. God hasn't given him his voice back yet." I was stunned. We had talked alot about her and her inability to talk until she was 3 1/2. I always told her, when she was silent, that God would give her her voice back. And after she began to talk, I always reminded her that God did it and we thanked Him often for that! I didn't realize that she could transfer that to another child, though. I loved how she added the 'yet' to the end. She believes! She has faith that God can. And then, she said, "Can we pray for Henry, to get his voice back?" and I almost couldn't cry, drive and pray at the same time. This girl is full of God. She may struggle with the things of this earth but she knows who her God is, what He can do, and how much He loves her. Some people get to adulthood, succeed in everything earthly, receive human recognition and praise, but never get the most important thing--faith in a faithful God. Thank you, God!

1 comment:

Janice said...

So beautiful. So inspiring. Thank you.