7.29.2011

Happy Birthday, precious gift!

Today JadenGrace (aka God's Grace) is 8 years old. Been here for 8 long years. Time always goes quickly when you are raising young childen but it is especially true when that child has special needs. It is constant work, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day, week by week, year by year. If I am not physically working with her, I am mentally thinking of her needs and spiritually fighting the enemies that would keep her bound up in a lonely, mute, physically painful world. I am not complaining, just stating facts. I am so grateful and glad that God decided to create this precious girl. She has been used to change my life in so many ways. So many deep profound ways. So many good ways. Do I wish that God had done that changing without my world being shattered? Of course I do. Autism is so devastating--how in the world can I say it is a good thing? It causes so much pain, so much division, so many struggles, so many questions, so much blame, so little sleep. :) I really, really, really wish it was possible to get to the place I am with God, without pain involved. But...I could be wrong...I don't think I would have ever cleaved to Him, cried out to Him in a loud voice over and over and over, seeked Him with everything in me, loved Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, had it not been for the firey furnace He allowed me to go through (still going through!). Do I wish it? No. But I have come to the place that I can say 'whatever it takes, Father! Whatever it takes to set my heart ablaze for you and your ways and your Kingdom.' In that, I know that I know that He will meet every need that we have; I know that His promises are true and that He will heal my girl of every devastating disorder she currently has, and she will know Him and be known by Him. He will use her life for His great glory. None of the pain is ever wasted. Thank you, God!, for hearing my prayer for new life and creating my perfect little girl. I love you for it, and thank you that your hand is on her forever.

No comments: